The Imereti Scientists' Union "Spectri"
Spectri is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization active in Georgia. The founders of “Spectri” are scientists working in the fields of Education and Science, Environment, Waste Management, Energy Efficiency, Social and Health Care, and Development of Small Businesses.
Year of Establishment: 1997
Registration Number: 12/10-01
Spectri is committed to working with a wide range of stakeholders to foster partnerships and ensure sustainable development for Georgia.
To create an active civil society for sustainable development.
CROSS-SECTION OF DONORS
Since 1997, Spectri has entered into valued partnerships with a wide range of organizations. Here are a few of the funders and partners that we have worked with to date.
EU-TACIS, USAID, UNDP-GEF (BSERP), EU “Black Sea Basin 2007-2013”, US Embassy in Georgia, Royal Netherlands Embassy in Georgia, Royal Netherlands Embassy in Ukraine, International Development Agency of Canada, Eurasia Foundation, Horizonti Foundation, Open Society – Georgia Foundation, ISAR – Central Asia, IRC, ECA, IREX, REC Caucasus, KNIP and etc.
Spectri reaches out to local community partners to assist with environmental and social issues of special concern. We have experience informing, presenting new ideas, building consensus, and working out agreements. We work with many types of groups:
Local communities and governments throughout western Georgia; Universities; K-12 Schools; NGOs from Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Moldova, Romania; Environmental Organizations; International organizations.
Organization’s goal is to assist in the development of civil society in Georgia, and take part in social-economic and environmental problem solving at the local level. We are committed to working with a range of stakeholders to foster partnerships and work together to provide a sustainable future.
Fields of work: Education and Science, Environment, Waste Management, Energy Efficiency, Social and Health Care, Development of Small Businesses.
LIST OF IMPLEMENTED PROJECTS:
42. Rivers and the Black Sea without Plastic | funded by the European Union, 2020
41. Waste Free Rivers for a Clean Black Sea | funded by the European Union, 2018 – 2021
40. Recycling: New Challenges and New Professional Opportunities | financed under the small grants scheme of Industry-led Skills and Workforce Development (ISWD) project of the Millennium Challenge Account -Georgia funded under the second Compact between the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and the Government of Georgia | 15.06.2018 – 15.12.2018
39. Supporting Recycling SME | US Embassy in Georgia | 2017-2018
38. New Professional Personnel for the Use of Solar Energy | financed under the Industry-led Skills and Workforce Development (ISWD) project of the Millennium Challenge Account- Georgia funded under the second Compact between the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and the Government of Georgia | 2017
37. Moving Toward a Recycling Society | US Embassy in Georgia | 2016-2017
36. Support Rural Development in the Imereti Region through the Introduction of Energy Efficient Measures | UNDP | 2016-2017
35. Raising Awareness of Local Actor’s on Association Agreement Implications for Georgian Consumers | EU | 2016-2017
34. Fostering Waste Management at a Local Level | funded by the US Embassy in Georgia, 2015-2016
33. Small Rivers-Big Problems | funded by EWMI ACCESS, 2015-2016
32. Protection of Public Environmental Rights though the Regional Civil Society Network (R-CSN) | funded by USAID EWMI G-PAC, 2014
31. Introduction of innovative waste management practices in selected cities of Georgia, Moldova and Armenia | European Union Black Sea Program | 2013-2015
30. Promotion of Introduction of Alternative and Renewable Energy Technologies in High-Mountain Regions | UNDP/GEF-SGP | 2013-2015
29. Protect Citizens from the Negative Environmental Impact of Kutaisi Metallurgical Works | EWMI G-PAC” | 2013
28. Inclusion of Society in Environmental Decision-Making Process-Building Capacity of the Local Government | funded by the USAID EWMI G-PAC, 2012-2013
27. Promotion of Sustainable Development of the Kazbegi Municipality Through Introduction of Sustainable Waste Management Practices and Use of Alternative Energy Sources | European Union | 2011-2013
26. Supporting Public Mobilization and Engagement in Decision-Making Processes Regarding Environmental Protection | 2011
25. Students for Energy Efficiency | 2010-2011
24. Establishment of Energy Efficient Schools in Kutaisi and Ararat | 2009-2010
23. Waste Composting | 2009
22. Development of Action Plan for Protecting the Population during Floods | 2009
21. NGO Education and Student Training | United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Small Projects Assistance | 2007-2008
20. Improvement of the Waste Management System in Kutaisi | 2007
19. Pure Rioni-Pure Black Sea | 2006-2007
18. Step by Step to a Pure City | 2006-2007
17. Waste Composting in Kutaisi | 2006-2007
16. Maintenance of the Gene Pool of Endemic Threatened Species | 2004-2005
15. Local Environmental Action Plan of Kutaisi | 2003-2005
14. Experience of Ecotariums for Children: Environmental Education in Georgia | 2003
13. Save Svaneti! | 2002-2003
12. Popularization of the Principles of Evidence Based Medicine for Imereti Region Medical Personnel | Open Society Georgian Found OSGF.GE | 2002-2003
11. Privatization of the State Land in Kutaisi | 2002
10. Monitoring of Privatization in Kutaisi | 2001
9. Everything About Privatization in Kutaisi | 2001
8. Ecological Knowledge for Journalists | 2001
7. Khazar (Azerbaijan-Georgia project) | 2000-2001
6. Strengthening of Democracy in Imereti | 2000
5. Preservation of Working Abilities of the Socially Active Population | 2000
4. Association of Producers and Sellers of Georgian Tea | Eurasia Foundation | 1999-2000
3. Ecological Education for Children | 1999
2. Community Support and Sympathy for the Mentally Ill | 1999
1. Center of Ecological Education | 1998