“Rivers and the Black Sea without Plastic”
Objective of the project: To support reduction of river and marine pollution in the communities of Georgia located in the Black Sea Basin with environmental awareness raising and public involvement in environmental activities aiming at protecting the Black Sea and rivers from pollution.
The project will result in:
– Establishing the plastic recycling laboratory (Precious Plastic), which will provide collection of plastic waste in target communities and schools.
– Providing separate collection of plastic waste in selected schools, for which special containers will be placed in 10 schools at least.
– The Upcycling Clubs will be created in selected schools, which primarily will be aimed at promoting plastic and other waste reuse and recycling among pupils and family members.
– The Upcycling Master clases will be taught in selected schools, and exhibitions of items made of plastic will be organized.
– The Booklet about river and marine litter reduction and good waste management practices will be printed and shared.
– Clean-up events of BS beach and rivers banks will be organized with the involvement of youth from selected schools and communities.
The project financed by the European Union.