მეცნიერთა კავშირის შესახებ
is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization active in Georgia.
Year of Establishment – 1997
Organization’s goal is to assist in development of civil society in Georgia, take part in social-economic and environmental problem solving at local level. We are committed to work with different range of stakeholders to foster partnerships and work together to provide sustainable future.
Fields of work: Education and Science, Environment, Waste Management, Energy Efficiency, Social and Health Care, Development of Small Businesses.
List of implemented projects:
- Moving Toward a Recycling Society | US Embassy in Georgia | 2016-2017
- Support Rural Development in the Imereti Region through the Introduction of Energy Efficient Measures | UNDP | 2016-2017
- Raising Awareness of Local Actor’s on Association Agreement Implications for Georgian Consumers | EU | 2016-2017
- Fostering Waste Management at a Local Level | US Embassy in Georgia | 2015-2016
- Small Rivers-Big Problems | EWMI ACCESS | 2015-2016
- Protection of public environmental rights though Regional Civil Society Network | United States Agency for International Development (USAID) EWMI G-PAC | 2014
- Introduction of innovative waste management practices in selected cities of Georgia, Moldova and Armenia / GMA-WMP funded by the EU Black Sea Program, 2013-2015
- Promotion of Introduction of Alternative and Renewable Energy Technologies in High-Mountain Regions, funded by the UNDP/GEF-SGP, 2013-2015.
- Protection of public environmental rights though Regional Civil Society Network R_CSNm funded by the USAID EWMI G-PAC, 13.01.2014-31.07.2014
- Promotion of sustainable development of the Kazbegi municipality thorough introduction of sustainable waste management practices and use of alternative energy sources, funded by the EU, 2011-2013.
- Inclusion of Society in Environmental Decision-Making Process-Building Capacity of the Local Government, funded by the USAID EWMI G-PAC, 2012-2013.
- Supporting Public Mobilization and Engagement in Decision-Making Processes regarding Environmental Protection – 2011
- Students for Energy Efficiency, 2010-2011
- Establishment of Energy Efficient Schools in Kutaisi (Georgia) and Ararat (Armenia), 2009-2010
- Waste Composting, 2009
- Development of Action Plan for Protecting the Population during Floods, 2009
- Improvement of the waste management system in Kutaisi, 2007.
- Pure Rioni-Pure Black Sea, 2006-2007
- Step by Step to a Pure City, 2006-2007
- Waste Composting in Kutaisi. 2006-2007
- NGO Education and Student Training, 2007-2008
- Maintenance of the Gene Pool of Endemic Threatened Species, 2004-2005
- Local Environmental Action Plan of Kutaisi, 2003-2005
- Experience of Ecotariums for Children: Environmental Education in Georgia, 2003
- Save Svaneti!, 2002-2003
- Privatization of the State Land in Kutaisi, 2002
- Monitoring of Privatization in Kutaisi, 2001.
- Everything About Privatization in Kutaisi, 2001
- Ecological Knowledge for Journalists, 2001
- Khazar (The Azerbaijan-Georgian project), 2000-2001
- Strengthening of Democracy in Imereti, 2000.
- Preservation of Working Abilities of the Socially Active of the Population, 2000.
- Ecological Education for Children, 1999
- Community Support and Sympathy for the Mentally Ill, 1999.
- Center of Ecological Education, 1998