The Imereti Scientists' Union "Spectri"
Spectri is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization active in Georgia. The founders of “Spectri” are scientists working in the fields of Education and Science, Environment, Waste Management, Energy Efficiency, Social and Health Care, and Development of Small Businesses.
Year of Establishment: 1997
Registration Number: 12/10-01
Spectri is committed to working with a wide range of stakeholders to foster partnerships and ensure sustainable development for Georgia.
To create an active civil society for sustainable development.
CROSS-SECTION OF DONORS
Since 1997, Spectri has entered into valued partnerships with a wide range of organizations. Here are a few of the funders and partners that we have worked with to date.
EU-TACIS, USAID, UNDP-GEF (BSERP), EU “Black Sea Basin 2007-2013”, US Embassy in Georgia, Royal Netherlands Embassy in Georgia, Royal Netherlands Embassy in Ukraine, International Development Agency of Canada, Eurasia Foundation, Horizonti Foundation, Open Society – Georgia Foundation, ISAR – Central Asia, IRC, ECA, IREX, REC Caucasus, KNIP and etc.
Spectri reaches out to local community partners to assist with environmental and social issues of special concern. We have experience informing, presenting new ideas, building consensus, and working out agreements. We work with many types of groups:
Local communities and governments throughout western Georgia; Universities; K-12 Schools; NGOs from Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Moldova, Romania; Environmental Organizations; International organizations.
Organization’s goal is to assist in the development of civil society in Georgia, and take part in social-economic and environmental problem solving at the local level. We are committed to working with a range of stakeholders to foster partnerships and work together to provide a sustainable future.
Fields of work: Education and Science, Environment, Waste Management, Energy Efficiency, Social and Health Care, Development of Small Businesses.
LIST OF IMPLEMENTED PROJECTS:
- Moving Toward a Recycling Society | US Embassy in Georgia | 2016-2017
- Support Rural Development in the Imereti Region through the Introduction of Energy Efficient Measures | UNDP | 2016-2017
- Raising Awareness of Local Actor’s on Association Agreement Implications for Georgian Consumers | EU | 2016-2017
- Fostering Waste Management at a Local Level | funded by the US Embassy in Georgia, 2015-2016
- Small Rivers-Big Problems | funded by EWMI ACCESS, 2015-2016
- Introduction of Innovative Waste Management Practices in Selected Cities of Georgia, Moldova and Armenia (GMA-WMP) | funded by the EU Black Sea Program, 2013-2015
- Promotion of Introduction of Alternative and Renewable Energy Technologies in High-Mountain Regions | funded by the UNDP/GEF-SGP, 2013-2015
- Protection of Public Environmental Rights though the Regional Civil Society Network (R-CSN) | funded by USAID EWMI G-PAC, 2014
- Promotion of Sustainable Development of the Kazbegi Municipality through Introduction of Sustainable Waste Management Practices and Use of Alternative Energy Sources | funded by the EU, 2011-2013
- Inclusion of Society in Environmental Decision-Making Process-Building Capacity of the Local Government | funded by the USAID EWMI G-PAC, 2012-2013
- Supporting Public Mobilization and Engagement in Decision-Making Processes Regarding Environmental Protection | 2011
- Students for Energy Efficiency | 2010-2011
- Establishment of Energy Efficient Schools in Kutaisi and Ararat | 2009-2010
- Waste Composting | 2009
- Development of Action Plan for Protecting the Population during Floods | 2009
- Improvement of the Waste Management System in Kutaisi | 2007
- Pure Rioni-Pure Black Sea | 2006-2007
- Step by Step to a Pure City | 2006-2007
- Waste Composting in Kutaisi | 2006-2007
- NGO Education and Student Training | 2007-2008
- Maintenance of the Gene Pool of Endemic Threatened Species | 2004-2005
- Local Environmental Action Plan of Kutaisi | 2003-2005
- Experience of Ecotariums for Children: Environmental Education in Georgia | 2003
- Save Svaneti! | 2002-2003
- Privatization of the State Land in Kutaisi | 2002
- Monitoring of Privatization in Kutaisi | 2001
- Everything About Privatization in Kutaisi | 2001
- Ecological Knowledge for Journalists | 2001
- Khazar (Azerbaijan-Georgia project) | 2000-2001
- Strengthening of Democracy in Imereti | 2000
- Preservation of Working Abilities of the Socially Active Population | 2000
- Ecological Education for Children | 1999
- Community Support and Sympathy for the Mentally Ill | 1999
- Center of Ecological Education | 1998